Monday, August 8, 2011

"The Help" with Ripples

Dear Ladies-

I meant to have chapters 1-5 finished by now but I was on a retreat last part of last week. Thank you for your patience. Mat God bless you all. Here's chapter 3's reflection.

“I’ve never told a white woman what to do and I don’t really know how to start.”(pg.51)

“Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.” But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should got to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?”-Exodus 3:10-11

Not really knowing how to start...

I feel like this is something we as women struggle with especially since we have a high calling to redeem people back to God through the love of Christ. Today’s thought is simply this...

You don’t always have to have it all mapped out before you start anything, simply starting can start a ripple effect God desires to start. And even failing can put you at a more refined starting point for the exact vision God would have for your calling.

Moses was one such person who God gave a high calling to but he didn’t know how to start and spent time questioning God. (For more reading on Moses story see Exodus 3:1-4:13)

Below is an in youtube link to a non-profit called “Falling Whistles Campaign” What I really want you to observe is what the founder, Sean Carasso, says about starting something but not knowing how to go about it and the journey him and his team have taken to get where they are now.

Maybe sometimes “no really knowing how to start” is the perfect place to start...

Spiritual Rhythm:
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr



help center | e-mail options | report spam
KaraWolfe100 has shared a video with you on YouTube:


Falling Whistles Interview
This is a video interview with the brand Falling Whistles. Falling Whistles is creating awareness into the deadliest war of our time. The Falling Whistles campaign launched with a simple message -- make their weapon your voice and be a whistleblower for peace in Congo. 100% of Falling Whistle proceeds are used to rehabilitate and advocate for war-affected children. Wear your necklace, share the story and speak up for peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Please visit http://fallingwhistles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment