Thursday, August 25, 2011

"The Help" with people...

‘We don’t want to bring all that mess up...tell people the truth..” “Truth, it feels cool, like water washing over my sticky-hot body.” (150-151).

“Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.”-Galatians 1:10

“Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.”-Ephesians 6:5-8
“Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.”-Colossians 3:22

I don’t have much to say for this reflection, the “people pleasing” podcast from the women’s ministry at Irving Bible Church will be a good reflection and says what I would point out as it relates to this quote from “The Help.”
This podcast touched a depth of my heart that I would like to share with you. Take the time to listen to it and feel as you listen the coolness of the truth about breaking free from the chains of “people pleasing” and living a life of fear in hiding from our True selves.

The Podcast

/Users/kara/Desktop/People-Pleasing.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment