Friday, September 9, 2011

"The Help"-Final Thoughts, but not the end

What’s it like to be you?

This journey with ya’ll and “The Help” has opened my eyes to many things in my life as a woman who has a High Calling for the Kingdom. Throughout this movie/book there is a constant theme of “help” in which boundaries, culture, and social status lines become blurred as women step out and learn about one another through sharing of their personal experiences. As women get to know one another and ask the question either verbally or silently, “What’s it like to be you?” we begin to see stories and truth revealed in them in ways we might have expected.

So for a final wrap up, that’s what I would like to ask YOU: “what’s it like to be you?”

Once I have your responses collected I would love to share these on my blog. If you would like to share with me but not have it published in the blog please let me know, otherwise I will assume it will be ok. I would love for all of us women warriors rally at the well and have a chance to share with one another what it’s like to be us, as in YOU specifically…It’s refreshing to have someone ask about you every once in awhile.
Also, below are some of the quotes I have pulled out from the book/movie for you to reflect on and how it speaks to your soul. Please take some time to read each one and really feel how they touch you and why they touch you as a Lady of THE Court.

Blessings on you my sisters and thank you for journeying with me in this.
Aibileen Clark: “You is kind. You is smart. You is important.”

Charlotte Phelan: “Courage sometimes skips a generation. Thank you for bringing it back to our family.”

“Courage: Daring to do what is right in spite of the weakness in our flesh.”

Eugenia 'Skeeter' Phelan: “You said to write about what disturbs me, particularly if it bothers no one else”

“What if you don’t like what I got to say about white people?” –Aibileen to Constantine

“Go find your life, Miss Skeeter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment